Holy cow. What a yummy dish! I was more than pleasantly surprised at how great this chicken turned out. It is reminiscent of my pork tenderloin with mustard cream sauce, being that it’s a creamy sauce with Dijon mustard but much healthier I can assure you. My husband who seems to be able to sniff out and dislike anything under 1000 calories absolutely loved this chicken. I served it with crash hot potatoes and they picked up the extra sauce perfectly.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, (about 1 pound), trimmed of fat
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 large shallots, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 14-ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup chopped chives, (about 1 bunch)
- Place chicken between sheets of plastic wrap and pound with a meat mallet or heavy skillet until flattened to an even thickness, about 1/2 inch. Season both sides of the chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Place 1/4 cup flour in a shallow glass baking dish and dredge the chicken in it. Discard the excess flour.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate, cover and keep warm.
- Heat the remaining 1 teaspoon oil in the pan over medium-high heat. Add shallots and cook, stirring constantly and scraping up any browned bits, until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon flour; stir to coat. Add wine, broth and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt; bring to a boil, stirring often.
- Return the chicken and any accumulated juices to the pan, reduce heat to a simmer, and cook until heated through and no longer pink in the center, about 6 minutes. Stir in sour cream and mustard until smooth; turn the chicken to coat with the sauce. Stir in chives and serve immediately.
Per serving :244 Calories; 9 g Fat; 3 g Sat; 3 g Mono; 72 mg Cholesterol; 1 g Carbohydrates; 26 g Protein; 0 g Fiber; 679 mg Sodium; 334 mg Potassium