I’m not really the salad for dinner type. Not that I don’t love salads, but I grew up on a farm and I was raised on a dinner of the standard protein+starch+veggie. Of course, my fat booty isn’t working on a farm anymore so maybe a salad or two for dinner would do me some good eh? 🙂 I was really excited about this recipe and luckily it didn’t disappoint. The salad certainly didn’t lack in flavor and it came together quickly. If you had leftover chicken it would come together in a matter of minutes. I served mine with seasoned grilled chicken but you could easily substitute shrimp, beef or tofu. For a huge salad this only came in at 249 calories which leaves plenty of room for dessert!
Don’t forget to check us out on facebook!
Serves 4 (2 1/2 cups per serving)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2/3 cup light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle chile, canned in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 2 cups chopped roasted skinless chicken, ( I seasoned mine with salt, pepper and 1 tsp cumin)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup diced peeled avocado
- 1/3 cup thinly vertically sliced red onion
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (8 3/4-ounce) can no-salt-added whole-kernel corn, rinsed and drained
- To prepare dressing, combine first 7 ingredients, stirring well.
- To prepare salad, combine lettuce and remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Drizzle dressing over salad; toss gently to coat. Serve immediately.